Roofing Contest Rules
Contest Name: Show us Your Roof
Prize: $1000 toward a new roof, soffit and/or fascia repairs on a project valued at $1000 or more
Sponsor: Bauer Specialty
Sponsor Address: 4002 Main Street, Erie, PA 16511
Telephone: 814-898-8517 (PA)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
Participants may enter by submitting a photo of their roof, soffit, and/or fascia with their full name, address, phone number, and email address to Bauer Specialty Facebook Messenger. Contest is open to legal and full-time residents of the Erie County, PA who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If an eligible winner cannot be found for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Bauer Specialty its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with the Company privacy practices found on Bauer Specialty website, www.bauerspecialty.com.
The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrator is herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
- Description of Contest/Participation.
A . Dates of Contest: Contest will begin on May 10, 2016 through June 13, 2016 12 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- How to Enter: Submit a photo of the roof, soffit, and/or fascia that needs repair. Provide full name, address, phone number, and email address through Bauer Specialty’s Facebook messenger. Valid entries must contain all information requested.
- Contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid. All Entries become the property of Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- How to Win: Bauer Specialty will choose one winner at 5 pm EST on June 13, 2016. Entrants will be contacted by phone and email after the drawing.
- Limit one entry per household.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are: One (1) Grand Prize.
One (1) Grand Prize: $1000 toward the cost of a new roof, soffit, fascia, or repairs to roof, soffit, and/or fascia for a project that costs $1000 or more.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from the Company within 90 days of the contest end date unless otherwise agreed upon by both The Company and the winner in writing. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Company. If the project is less than $1000, any difference will be forfeited; no cash equivalent will be offered. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Company reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
Prize Conditions and Restrictions:The Grand Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. By accepting the prize, Grand Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Company to and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Company will have no further obligation to winner.
If the complete job is under $1000, the winner will not be awarded the difference between the $1000 and the used amount. If the job requires more $1000, the winner must purchase the difference.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal residents of the Erie County, PA, be at least 18 old, as of the date of Grand Prize Drawing and must hold legal title to the house.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Grand Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Grand Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive or amend any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s and/or Sponsor’s “discretion” and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor’s “sole and unfettered discretion.” Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Miscellaneous. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating elements established for contest. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Company during normal business hours or visit the Company website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
9 . Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.